We Live a Sweet Life Filled with Wild Adventures.



Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Honeys Do: A Casual Rehearsal

After we set up, all my bridesmaids and I went back to our house to get pretty before the rehearsal. I had bought a few new dresses for wedding events and was stoked to finally be putting on the one I had picked out for the rehearsal. After we were all prettified, we piled into BM K's Swagger Wagon, Tecate's in hand, and headed back to the venue for the rehearsal.

Photo by BM Mae
BM Scoot, BM Candace, Me, BM Fawn
Us girls arrived very last to the rehearsal, but you know what? I was a-okay with that because I was the bride! Certainly the rehearsal wasn't going to start without me, assuming anyone even knew what to do at a rehearsal. I was so happy to see my very soon-to-be husband and get the thang started!

Photo by Aunt M

We did the standard reverse walk through, with everyone starting at the altar. The most important part of our rehearsal was working with pairing up our uneven wedding party, and fortunately it worked out perfectly.

Photo by Aunt M

Because there was no real strategy to our rehearsal, there was lots of directing going on, however the lack of formality made it go rather smooth...you know, since we were just casually walking with friends while enjoying a brewski!

Photo by Aunt M
Officiant Mark & Mr. Honey

Photo by Aunt M
I'm explaining something very important, I'm sure

We did a few walk throughs and decided that we had it down, so Mr. Honey and I rehearsed our recessional one last time, beers in hand...

Photo by Aunt M

Our rehearsal took all of about 15 minutes and we didn't plan on dinner until 5, so we had some time to kill. This provided some good catching up and kick back time with our guests.

Photo by Aunt M
Mr. Honey and his aunts from Alabama

Photo by Aunt M
Mr. Honey with Officiant Mark and FIL Honey

This down time also allowed FIL Honey to give us his wedding gift, which was perfect, because it was a rather special gift so we got to open it when it was relatively calm. He handed over a card, giving a sweet sentimental speech:
Photo by Aunt M

We read the card, and my reaction was caught perfectly on camera:

Photo by Aunt M

The card clearly warranted a big hug for my FIL:

Photo by Aunt M

The gift was far more than a card, on the inside of the card was the statement "Good for one sectional couch". You see, Mr. Honey and I have been wanting to replace our couch for far too long and we planned on using wedding money to do so. My very generous FIL decidide he would purchase the couch for us so that we can buy our other dream item with wedding money (which I will share with you, I promise!). I'm so happy we had those few minutes to take in the gift he had gotten us!

Photo by Aunt M

And with that, it was time to head to dinner!


No comments:

Post a Comment