We Live a Sweet Life Filled with Wild Adventures.



Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Honeys Do: A Sweet First Look

The girls and I piled into cars, I jumped in with BM Candace and her boyfriend G, we traversed the snowy roads a couple miles back to the venue. This was the most suspense filled moments of the day...I had jitters, I had tears swelling, I had excitement bubbling over. Not only was I going to see what would be the final presentation of our hand crafted wedding space but I was going to see my groom and I was ready.
We pulled up and waited as the photographers situated Mr. Honey so that he couldn't see me when I stepped out of the truck. I'm hidden in the big black truck below; my parents seized this moment to make their way over to me and catch the first glimpse of their daughter all gussied up as a bride.

Annnd cue the waterworks. My dad is one emotional guy anyway, but the tears came flowing quicker than I could say "Hi! I'm a bride!". It was a quick moment catching up with my parents...my dad had to walk away as to prevent a full on cry session and my mom needed to warm up her toesies. Once I got the thumbs up from Zak, I stepped out of the truck and made my way to the porch where all of our closest friends and families stood.

I spotted Mr. Honey on the far end of the porch and my heart skipped a beat. It was like I hadn't seen him in weeks, and there he stood in his wedding day attire, entranced by our wedding blizzard, waiting for me.
I remember muttering a "Hi everyone!" to the crowd that had formed on the porch, giving out hugs to each of the groomsmen and bridesmaids that I met along the way and giving one file hug to my dad.

Fortunately, Mr. Honey had found something to keep himself occupied while he waited for his bride to hand out hugs to everyone and their mother. Snowballs!
Photo by GM Steele

I took a few deep breaths, held back some tears and made my way to this handsome face.

I walked down the porch for what felt like forever, accompanied by Zeus, who was very excited to see me but couldn't understand why I wasn't paying attention to him. I was a woman with focus! I remember that knot in my throat and the tears swelling...


Once I got to that corner, I can't remember if I tapped his shoulder or what, but I do remember finally looking into his eyes and feeling a rush of emotions...joy, happiness, love, relief; all bundled together and tied with a big fluffy bow. It was that good. And I didn't cry, once we made eye contact the tears disappeared and I was overcome with warm fuzzies.
We smooched and then embraced for one of the best hugs in my life. All while Zeus persisted he be a part of the moment...which is typical of our life.




I was so in the moment, that I didn't even notice our big doggy tromping all over my white dress...he just wanted to be acknowledged! Needy much? He was trying his damndest to get some love. In a matter of minutes our dog had stood on the white train of my dress and even nibbled on my arm. But, it certainly wouldn't have been the same without him there!

After I wiped away my man's tears, I finally said hello to Zeus and we gave him some much needed confirmation that he was indeed a part of the moment.


Mr. Honey and I took a few more moments to ourselves, we exchanged compliments, chatted about the morning, snuck in a few more kisses and laughed. 


Those moments with Mr. Honey felt like there was no one else in the world, they were intimate and special and emotional. Then we remembered we had a whole posse of people just dying to give us hugs.

As soon as we finished our first look and our moment together, my jitters and butterflies were gone instantly. Seeing him before the ceremony was the best decision...in the final hour or so leading up to our ceremony, it was calm. I held his hand, I told him I loved him and we even got to do a cheers before our ceremony, but I'm getting ahead of myself. We had to get some pictures out of the way!
*All Photos by the talented duo of Zak Fleming Photography
·         We had a busy wedding week
·         Teamwork made our Dream Work
·         We rehearsed casually
·         There was a pizza party!
·         Friday night was Princesses, Panties & Practice
·         Bridal details made me reminisce my morning  
·         I became a bride!
·         The Honey Girls took a walk in the snow
·         The Dudes got handsome

No comments:

Post a Comment