We Live a Sweet Life Filled with Wild Adventures.



Friday, March 16, 2012

Honeys Do: Things Dudes Do

I'm gonna take a break from all things bridesmaids-n-girls and switch to the dudes of the Honey wedding. All morning long, I was (un)selfishly basking in a bridal glow, getting pampered and pretty...all the while thinking my groom was basking in some sort of groom haze, drinking beer with his guys. When our photographers arrived at 10:30, Karlee stayed with the ladies and Zak headed over to take the guys-getting-handsome pictures. Only, he showed back up at the girls house a short hour later. I inquired as to why, but all he would say is they were busy...not getting dressed. He ensured me it was fine, but that my groom was actually working...at the venue.

Apparently, falling snow had caused my groom to shift focus from getting dressed to getting the ceremony site just perfect. Mr. Honey didn't have near the amount of visions I had for our wedding, but he did have visions of a perfectly crafted, snow-covered stage, so the morning of our wedding he was in his Dickies, leather gloves and snow boots, working up a sweat with some shovels. That's my man!



Fortunately he wasn't alone, he called on Honey Bro and Friend A.L. to help move snow, yeah boys!


Our trusty Dog of Honor, Zeus, was also right by his side...while handsome as ever, he wasn't quite ready for the aisle either, he still didn't have his tie on!


Once the ceremony site was up to Mr. Honey's standards, he finally headed to the boys cabin and began to become a groom. The guys were clearly running behind so Zak was only able to capture a few pictures of the guys getting ready (a white dress trumps a suit any day, right?!). But you know what, the pictures accurately reflect what I imagine the guys house to be like that morning.

Beer.
GM Steele pours himself a Budweiser

Kicking back.
Mr. Honey, A.L. & GM J.C .

Fussing with Shirts.
GM J.C. gets ready for his shirt...

Beer.
but then chooses a cold one over getting ready :)

Ironing Shirts.
Honey/GM Bro diligently ironed every guys shirt!

You guessed it, beer.
GM J.S. showing off his mug

And, tie tying.
GM Steele perfects the knot for his tie

I like to think the guys morning was just fun...perhaps not as sentimental as my morning, but just as memorable in that they were doing what they do best. My groom got all gussied up and not surprisingly beat me and the girls to the venue for our...first look!

*All Photos by the talented duo of Zak Fleming Photography


·         We had a busy wedding week
·         Teamwork made our Dream Work
·         We rehearsed casually
·         There was a pizza party!
·         Friday night was Princesses, Panties & Practice
·         Bridal details made me reminisce my morning  
·         I became a bride!
·         The Honey Girls took a walk in the snow

No comments:

Post a Comment