We Live a Sweet Life Filled with Wild Adventures.



Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Honeys Do: Bustling Into Cocktail Hour

We didn't plan a cocktail hour; in fact we didn't give much thought to just how the time right after the ceremony would be spent...with a room filled with 170 people, this could have turned into a disaster.


I mean, c'mon, how did I not plan this out?! Fortunately that room was filled with our favorite people and with an open bar stocked with three choices of beer, four varieties of wine and a rum cocktail, the crisis was adverted. Thank you, alcohol.

If there was one thing I knew about our wedding, it was that it would be a party. I've shown proof of that with evidence of libations at every turn over our wedding weekend. Without plans for a cocktail hour, but a plan to serve dinner around 5:30 we did in fact end up with an unintentional cocktail hour, and our guests got an early start to the party.

JS, BM Hogan & AS

Old friends reuniting!


Officiant Mark & Ring Bearer I




BM Hogan and her Hunny

I spent majority of that hour contending with my bustle. I'll be honest, when I saw the final system for my bustle, I was hesitant; but I trusted that a seamstress knew better than a non-seamstress. I had BM Kel Bel bustle my dress up, which consisted of a small button and an even smaller loop made out of thread. I turned to hug someone and snap, the bustle was busted 2 minutes after it was attached. 2 minutes!

BM Kel Bel performed emergency surgery on the bustle by collecting three safety pins from her mom and then proceeded to spend the next 20 minutes underneath my dress trying to secure a massive amount of heavy fabric with teeny tiny pins. BM Kel Bel got the pins attached and I was a happy bride once again.

Photo by Uncle P

It was short lived ya'll. Well not the part about me being a happy bride, but the part about my bustle. The pins gave out just a few minutes later. I quickly realized that the bustle just wasn't gonna happen...so for the next six hours that I was in my dress, we were constantly re-pinning the the massive amount of fabric into a pile on my booty. As the night went on the pinning got more and more half-assed, obviously; so don't mind that the underparts of my dress were showing during our first dance, or that it's a bit brown from the hundreds of times it was stepped on by both myself and guests.

A half-ass bustle through dancing, eating and partying was certainly an inconvenience. To say I was annoyed with the train of my dress is an understatement; I believe there was a moment when I actually considered taking scissors to the bottom of my dress. It was that bad. BUT I was not going to let a little bustle drama ruin my wedding reception. It just meant I had to hold all that extra fluff up!

Photo by Jo

See? Still happy! With our guests getting liquored up and our tummies growling, we were ready to eat!

*Unless otherwise noted, all Photos by the talented duo of Zak Fleming Photography


·         We had a busy wedding week
·         Teamwork made our Dream Work
·         We rehearsed casually
·         There was a pizza party!
·         Friday night was Princesses, Panties & Practice
·         Bridal details made me reminisce my morning  
·         I became a bride!
·         The Honey Girls took a walk in the snow
·         The Dudes got handsome
·         We did our First Look, with our doggy!
·         The Honeys posed as bride and groom
·         The Honey Dudes played in the snow
·         20 People and a Dog posed
·         I swooned over the details
·         We all trekked a snowy aisle
·         There were vows, declaration and a kiss!
·         Our recessional was tricky

No comments:

Post a Comment