We Live a Sweet Life Filled with Wild Adventures.



Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Honeys Do: I Do!

We had promised our guests, wedding party and everyone in between that our ceremony would be short and sweet. And this was before we were presented with the wedding snow storm; so I was so happy we chose to keep our ceremony short...though that didn't mean it was any less special. The words that Mark spoke to us were profound and loving. And as I expected, Mr. Honey's vows were amazing.

Officiant Mark started with a Welcoming of Guests and a Thank You for enduring the weather...Mr. Honey and I held hands and listened very intently.

Photo by BM Scoot's hubby

Family and Friends we are here today to celebrate the love between Danny and Cara.
By your presence, you are showing your support for their decision to
commit themselves to a lifelong relationship.
But first, lets bundle up and celebrate our surroundings and the specialness of this moment in time.


Danny and Cara wanted to share with you the
significance of these mountains, lakes and rivers
Because this is where their hearts have made their home.
It was this very lake that Danny asked Cara to be his wife.
I think she responded a few days later on Facebook.
And now, it will forever be a symbol of their union.

Photo by BM Scoot's hubby

Having just celebrated my 30th year of marriage,
I feel qualified to offer a few thoughts on this age-old tradition.
Marriage is a promise of companionship, of someone to share in all of life's experiences.
It is assurance that there will always be someone to rejoice in the triumphs,
and console in the disappointments that are part of life.
Marriage cannot promise eternal romance, but instead offers eternal commitment.
It is an affirmation that there will always be someone who loves you deeply.
Marriage doesn't prevent distress or grief, but it does provide acceptance and comfort in those times.

Photo by Uncle P

Today, Cara and Danny demonstrate their devotion to each other by
offering their companionship and eternal commitment.
They show respect for each other...they stand by each other...and dedicate themselves
to a life together in reciting the vows that they have created.

Cara and Danny, will you, with these family and friends as your witnesses,
Promise to care for each other in the joys and sorrows of life;
And to share the responsibility for the growth and enrichment of your
 life together and you as individuals.
We will.


Then please turn to each other and share the vows you have written.

Danny,
I knew before we even met that you were someone meant to be in my life.
From day one you have shown me what it feels like to have a soul mate.
Having you by my side has brought a calming sense of wholeness and a
content feeling that you will always be there.
You make my heart smile every single day by the way you love me.
I admire your ambition, your passion, and your courage.
I love that we share the same dreams and goals,
And that our doggy and kitties bring you the same happiness to you as they do to me.
I promise to give you a high five at every single accomplishment that's achieved
both individually and by us as a unit.
I vow to stand by you, to support you and encourage you.
I even promise to continue supporting your Cuckoo's addiction.
These 2 years have been so fulfilling that I know our future has lots in store for us,
And knowing you'll be there with me for both the highs and the lows makes me feel stronger.
Thank you for loving me as I am but also for bringing out the person I want to be.
I'm so grateful I am becoming your wife today.
I love you, Danny, with every ounce of my being.


...


Cara,
Today I am the luckiest guy in the world.
From here on I will spending the rest of my life with the most amazing person I know.
Your beauty, your intelligence, your patience, your overall love and respect for life
and everyone around you, make you a dream come true.
A dream that I will relive day and night for the rest of my life with you.
You are my best friend, my partner, my soul mate, my everything.
Our lives together are going to be incredible.
I am going to be there for you every minute of every day.
I promise to be everything you will ever need in life.
I love you, Cara, I love you more than anything in this world.
Today and for every day going forward nothing will bring me more joy
than being able to call you my wife.
Thank you for everything, and for creating this memory that we are sharing today.
We made it, we are doing it, this is happening.
I love you.

I have to share a story here; When we spoke, Officiant Mark turned and aimed his microphone towards us so that our voices would project to the crowd. As Mr. Honey said his vows, just as he stated that I was his best friend, Zeus spoke up. He did his trade mark bark/whimper at the exact moment! Everyone said that his ears were perked the entire time both of us spoke but chose that exact moment to speak up. A moment that perfectly characterized our dog was a part of the event!

We exchanged rings with each other, while repeating these words.

I give you this ring as a sign that I choose you.
To be my lover, my partner and my companion to the end of my days.
Wear it, think of me, and know that I love you.



Danny and Cara,
We have heard your promise to share your lives in marriage.
We as your family and friends, recognize and respect the vows that you have
made here this day, before each one of us as a witness.
In the honesty and sincerity of what you have said and done here today,
and in accordance with the laws of the state of Colorado,
It is my honor and delight to declare you man and wife.
You may seal your vows with a kiss.




We had our first kiss as husband and wife and then immediately embraced each other for another amazing hug (remember we shared the best hug in my life during our first look). I feel like the hug lasted a good few seconds, which gave our groomsmen ample time to celebrate amongst themselves. Check out this high five sequence:



Hey, we certainly couldn't have done it without them! Also, note Flower Girl M, and how every single pom pom seems to be right in front of her. She was apparently very entertaining as she continued to toss the pom pom's during the whole ceremony; since I was oblivious and in my "getting hitched" bubble, I love seeing these little things by looking through the pictures. See the flying pom pom?!

Photo by BM Scoot's hubby.

Okay, so where were we? Oh yes, we were JUST MARRIED!! After our hug subsided, we turned to face our guests and were greeted with a roar of applause and cheers to help us make our way back down the aisle...just the cheers from our wedding party alone were ample!


Ten minutes of love-filled words, vows, rings, declaration and the kiss, Mr. & Mrs. Honey walked back down that aisle as husband and wife...which turned out to be quite memorable!

*Unless otherwise noted, all Photos by the talented duo of Zak Fleming Photography


·         We had a busy wedding week
·         Teamwork made our Dream Work
·         We rehearsed casually
·         There was a pizza party!
·         Friday night was Princesses, Panties & Practice
·         Bridal details made me reminisce my morning  
·         I became a bride!
·         The Honey Girls took a walk in the snow
·         The Dudes got handsome
·         We did our First Look, with our doggy!
·         The Honeys posed as bride and groom
·         The Honey Dudes played in the snow
·         20 People and a Dog posed
·         I swooned over the details
·         We all trekked a snowy aisle

No comments:

Post a Comment