We Live a Sweet Life Filled with Wild Adventures.



Friday, May 4, 2012

Honeys Do: Push It!

We had done dinner, the dances and speeches so that left one more formality before we could just dance. And if you are guessing cake cutting you are wrong. This would have been the time that we did the cake cutting, but there was some miscommunication about the dessert. Word had spread that due to the buffet nature of our dessert options, our intended cake had been cut and was already being enjoyed by guests. I shrugged it off, happy that guests were enjoying my $11 cake from the grocery store, and moved along. Was I upset then? No. Am I upset now? A little bit. I do wish I could have smashed some cake in Mr. Honey's face, and had the pictures to prove it, but I also don't consider our day ruined because we didn't cut the cake.

So, what was the last formality? The girls dance. The one I had declared months ago would replace the traditional bouquet toss and the one that we choreographed moves to just the night before. We also planned with the DJ's that this dance would be the official kick off to the dance party. The DJ's requested everyone clear the floor and make room for the bride, and I took my spot on the vacant dance floor. A quick note: I have never performed a dance in my life, and certainly didn't ever think that the first time would be on my wedding night in my purty white dress. But there I was as Salt-n-Pepa's Push It came over the speakers.


Then 6 of my bridesmaids (the two that were preggers skipped the performance) joined me and they broke out into full on early-90's dance moves! For whatever reason, we decided not to have my do the same choreography, maybe because my dress a little more restricting than their bridesmaid dresses, so I just did my own thang as they moved in unison.






Ending in the classic, the running man! Yes, I did do the running man in my wedding dress!




After our minute of choreography we then encouraged the rest of the girls in attendance to come to the dance floor and join us for the rest of the song. It was so much fun!

And because I'm feeling brave right now, I will post a video of me and my amazing bridesmaids dancing to Push It on my wedding night (sorry it's a little dark)!


Not for one second did I, nor do I, regret not doing a bouquet toss. This dance was SO much for fun for all of us and was a good alternative to the tradition.

This dance replaced the bouquet toss, you may be wondering what replaced the garter toss? I planned nothing, but BM Candace took it upon herself to do something. A few songs later, she sat me down in a chair, to which I frantically told her that we weren't doing a garter toss...and then You've Lost That Loving Feeling came on and all of a sudden I was being serenaded by a whole group of guys!

This was a pretty quickly planned (I'm talking like 5 minutes prior) performance so the guys didn't really know what to do...they started on their knees, snapping their fingers and then decided to hoist me into the air where I remained for a good few seconds.

Guest Photo

After I safely returned to the ground, I declared their serenade a success! It was so sweet of the guys and a complete surprise (thanks Candace!).

*Unless otherwise noted, all Photos by the talented duo of Zak Fleming Photography


·         We had a busy wedding week
·         Teamwork made our Dream Work
·         We rehearsed casually
·         There was a pizza party!
·         Friday night was Princesses, Panties & Practice
·         Bridal details made me reminisce my morning  
·         I became a bride!
·         The Honey Girls took a walk in the snow
·         The Dudes got handsome
·         We did our First Look, with our doggy!
·         The Honeys posed as bride and groom
·         The Honey Dudes played in the snow
·         20 People and a Dog posed
·         I swooned over the details
·         We all trekked a snowy aisle
·         There were vows, declaration and a kiss!
·         Our recessional was tricky
·         Guests drank and I bustled
·         We ate finger-lickin’ good BBQ
·         We did The Dances
·         There was a toast and a roast

No comments:

Post a Comment