We Live a Sweet Life Filled with Wild Adventures.



Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Honeys Do: A Roast & A Toast

Confession: I have no idea how we merged from the dances to the speeches, there's no time reference and I have no recollection of what I did between the two. I'm guessing I grabbed another cocktail and mingled with the guests, maybe I even snuck a kiss with my new husband. It's just crazy that you plan this day for months and even years and yet some details of that day still manage to escape your mind. I guess I will blame it on bride bubble; while I can't remember the details, I can guarantee I was having fun. Bride bubble is a fantastic place to be! So, on to the speeches...

After a few mellow songs, the DJ's made the announcement for the three speech-givers to make their way to the front of the room. In good form, Mr. Honey and I filled our glasses in anticipation of the cheers-ing that was about to be had. And we waited. We waited for our guests to hush so that the speeches could be heard...I think they were enjoying themselves (and maybe the cocktails?) too much to stop talking amongst each other! It was a good few minutes of trying to get them to quiet down before my Uncle M just blurted out "Everyone be quiet!" and finally the speeches were underway.


My dad went first, and not surprisingly started with a disclaimer, "I'm going to keep it short so that I don't cry in front all of you.".


He talked about how happy Mr. Honey had made me, that he was proud to welcome him to our family and then gave a big thank you to everyone for attending. We listened intently as he praised our love for each other, and we took every word to heart!


He kept it short and sweet, but of course still managed to let a few tears make their appearance! It wouldn't have been a speech by my dad without tears, and I mean that in a good way!

Our best man, Cruise was up next. I could tell he was a tad nervous, fumbling with his little notes as he approached the microphone, but he nailed it! Cruise and Mr. Honey have been friends majority of their lives; they went to school together, moved to Colorado together and kayak off waterfalls together. Their bond runs deep and if anyone else knows Mr. Honey, it is certainly Cruise.

Photo by Uncle P

He started off by talking about how indecisive Mr. Honey is, (this is true, the man has a hard time deciding between just about everything) and how surprised he was when Mr. Honey told him he wanted to marry me; BM Cruise was blown away by his adamant decision, but one that he knew was the right decision.
Photo by Uncle P

After speaking of Mr. Honey's right decision making, he decided to share with all our nearest and dearest that in addition to being quite indecisive, Mr. Honey is also not always the best decision maker. He mentioned the time he nearly burned his face off while doing a flaming Dr. Pepper, amongst other slightly embarassing tales that the two had shared together. The stories had the room in hysterics!

Photo by Uncle P, excuse the red eyes please :)

He closed by saying something along these lines: "Of the bad decisions made, this moment is certainly not one of them. You two have made a great decision to marry each other. Cheers!" And to that, we did.

Photo by Uncle P

MOH Stac finished out the speeches and  unlike Cruise, MOH Stac came without notes. She's always been a good speaker so this didn't surprise me. Her & I have been best friends since pre-school; we attended every school together all the way through college, we've travelled together, we've lived abroad together, we've worked together, and I was at the birth of all three of her girls. We used to skip class to watch The Wedding Story and talk about how we would give speeches at each others wedding. This was going to be a tearjerker for me. My best friend of twenty five years, who was in her ninth month of pregnancy took the microphone.

Photo by Uncle P

To be honest, I don't remember the exact words that she started out with, but I do remember instantly tearing up.

Photo by Uncle P

She spoke of our long time friendship, of the what a good match we made and how happy she was for me. At which point the tables were turned and she started to tear up...and then said "Who gives a nine month pregnant girl a microphone?!" to which we all found funny.



MOH Stac of course finished with a cheers to the Honey's and all our guests raised their glasses in our honor. We were touched by all three speeches and gave all three ginormous hugs of approval. With the speeches done, we were down to one more thing before we let the DJ's loose on thier turntables!
 
*Unless otherwise noted, all Photos by the talented duo of Zak Fleming Photography


·         We had a busy wedding week
·         Teamwork made our Dream Work
·         We rehearsed casually
·         There was a pizza party!
·         Friday night was Princesses, Panties & Practice
·         Bridal details made me reminisce my morning  
·         I became a bride!
·         The Honey Girls took a walk in the snow
·         The Dudes got handsome
·         We did our First Look, with our doggy!
·         The Honeys posed as bride and groom
·         The Honey Dudes played in the snow
·         20 People and a Dog posed
·         I swooned over the details
·         We all trekked a snowy aisle
·         There were vows, declaration and a kiss!
·         Our recessional was tricky
·         Guests drank and I bustled
·         We ate finger-lickin’ good BBQ
·         We did The Dances

No comments:

Post a Comment