We Live a Sweet Life Filled with Wild Adventures.



Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Honeys Do: The Dances

After dinner, we had the DJ's play a few songs before we did The Dances. But, I'm going to save all the awesome dance pictures for one post...so here's where I share our first dance and the father daughter dance.

Our first dance song was up for debate untillll...the day of the wedding! Yes, we picked our first dance song the day of.  We had it down to two different songs and just couldn't decide, we even practiced dancing to both songs in the days leading up to the big day and still couldn't decide! We declared our final decision after we finished our dinner, the DJ's were ready to play either song so it was just a matter of us making that decision.

Our final decision was Stand By Me by Ben E King. We didn't have a special song that we had ever claimed as ours, so it wasn't easy an easy pick; but in our eyes, Stand by Me is romantic and the words spoke to us, plus it was easy for us to glide across the floor too. I even made a promise in my vows to stand by Mr. Honey, although unintended, I like that the two crossed over.





Above 3 photos by BM Scoot

We chatted a little bit, I think I sang along at a few parts, but mostly we just took in the moment as we officially made Stand By Me our song. I remember at one point saying, "I feel like I have a death grip on you". And, I did.

Guest photo

Our photographer chose to take video of both the first dance and the father daughter dance; I felt like the room was silent as Mr. Honey and I danced our first dance because we were in such a blissful bubble, but when I watched the video I was surprised to hear just how much our guests were cheering us on! I would share the video with you but honestly, it is probably way more exciting for us to watch than it would be for you to watch.

Mr. Honey and I finished our first dance and we went immediately to the father daughter dance. Honey Dad & I picked a pretty nontraditional song for this dance...Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band. There was a couple reasons for this; one my dad cries at the drop of a hat, so something sentimental or emotional would have been a downer on the dance. Second, we both love two stepping so we wanted something more fast paced to showcase our love for a good 'ol country song and some country swing!

Check out that bustle job, yikes! 





I had so much fun doing the father daughter dance! Just like our first dance song, our guests enthusiastically encouraged our dancing with lots of cheering. Towards the end of the song, the DJ requested other father-daughters to join us but instead of just the father-daughters joining us, the dance floor was infiltrated with all sorts of combinations; mother-son, husband-wife, best friends, boyfriend-girlfriend, and even flower girl-flower girl! I love that our guests didn't listen to the father-daughter restriction and instead chose someone special to join my dad and I in the last minute of our song. 


Mama Honey & Honey Bro

BM Mae and her dad, my Uncle M

Flower Girls B & S

After Chicken Fried came to a close, the DJ put on a couple mellow songs so as to not pack out the dance floor quite yet...it was time for speeches!

*Unless otherwise noted, all Photos by the talented duo of Zak Fleming Photography



·         We had a busy wedding week
·         Teamwork made our Dream Work
·         We rehearsed casually
·         There was a pizza party!
·         Friday night was Princesses, Panties & Practice
·         Bridal details made me reminisce my morning  
·         I became a bride!
·         The Honey Girls took a walk in the snow
·         The Dudes got handsome
·         We did our First Look, with our doggy!
·         The Honeys posed as bride and groom
·         The Honey Dudes played in the snow
·         20 People and a Dog posed
·         I swooned over the details
·         We all trekked a snowy aisle
·         There were vows, declaration and a kiss!
·         Our recessional was tricky
·         Guests drank and I bustled
·         We ate finger-lickin’ good BBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment