We Live a Sweet Life Filled with Wild Adventures.



Thursday, June 2, 2011

Saving the Date

In my last paper post I wrote about my indecision making about invites. I realize I was a little premature with the invite post before the save the post but I have it set in my mind that my Save the Dates need to be cohesive with my invitation suite, they just do. I want one element on every single piece of paper used in the wedding. Obsessive, Honey? Yes. That's why I started with invite inspiration, now it's to the drawing board with Save the Date inspiration. Paper inspiration posts are one of my favorites.

I have decided we won't be using pictures of ourselves on our Save the Dates...mainly because we hadn't done our engagement pictures at the time of designing our Save the Dates. I was kind of bummed initially, because who doesn't like seeing a picture of themselves on every friend's refrigerator for six months? I kid. I was actually bummed that we wouldn't have a Save the Date like this:
Image via Love vs Design/Photo by Love me Sailor
Can't cry over spilled milk, right? This just means that instead of showing our smiling faces in the Save the Date, we will get to incorporate them into our invitation suite, yessss. I had to move past all the picture inspiration and focus on creative text and presentation instead.

Creative Text Save the Dates
Image via Wedding Wire/Designed by West Willow

Image via Style me Pretty/Designed by Marilyn Chien

Image via the Bridal Blog/Template by Wedding Chicks
Graphic Design Save the Dates

Image via Etsy Westwind Days


{Image via Minted}
Whimsical Save the Dates
Image via Kaboodle/Designed by Emandbee

Image via Oh So Beautiful Paper

Utilizing Custom Stamps
{Image via Pinterest, from Flickr}


Image via Instructbles
Save the Dates with Creative Touches

Image via This Next
{Image via Pinterest, from Postcardsandpretties}

Image via Dot Girl Blog

Customized and Illustrated Save the Dates


Image via Rifle Made

Swiss Cottage Design
See the transition from simple to impossible? Much like my invitation drooling, I started basic and kept stepping up the complication level. As much as I would die to have a custom illustrated Save the Date, it's just not in the cards for the Honey's. Looking at all the other inspiration pictures, I concluded that I like three elements: a graphic background, a whimsical element, and a fun statement...all to be accented with pretty font and our colors on a little postcard. Quite the tall order. The fact is I could go back and forth on my entire paper design for days months, but the good news is I have made progress and created a Save the Date that hopefully reflects our wedding vibe, shows creativity within our means (aka Microsoft Word) and will make our guests smile.

Who else is obsessive like me and started with invitation inspiration before the Save the Date inspiration? Tell me about a must have element for you Save the Date!

No comments:

Post a Comment