We Live a Sweet Life Filled with Wild Adventures.



Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Meeting my New Obsession

I went to bed the night we got engaged and I only slept a few hours...my mind was literally running around in circles. I would close my eyes and wedding visions would fill my brain, I can't even tell you what it was I was envisioning, the thoughts were so intertwined and vague. I mean sure reality had *kind of* set in that we were engaged, but it hadn't even been 24 hours and I had wedding on the brain. You all know the feeling, right?

I got to work Monday morning, which would end up being a very unproductive day for me (sorry, boss!). I did what any newly engaged girl would do: I googled it...and by 'it' I mean wedding...and every combination of the word. Wedding Planning. Wedding Ideas. Wedding Pictures. Winter Weddings. Wedding Blogs.

It was that last one that got me: Wedding Blogs. I was instantly hooked...line, sinker and all. The prettiness, the creativity, the uniqueness. I always knew I would not want a traditional wedding. No church for me. No formal dining for me. But these blogs introduced me to the loveliness of everything wedding. Ruffled. 100 Layer Cake. Style Me Pretty. Snippet & Ink. (And of course the 'Bee!) The names of the blogs alone are to die for!
In that first day I caught on to trends like the cupcake tower, chiavari chairs, the dessert buffet, bunting, colored shoes, amazing photography, mismatched bridesmaid's dresses..and so the list goes on. I spent so much time swooning (which is also a new vocab word, thanks to wedding blogs) over prettiness like these:

Dessert Buffet and Bunting:
Image via Ruffled Blog/Photo by Aaron Shintaku

Different Dresses and Funky Colored Boots:
Image via 100 Layer Cake/Photo by One Love Photography

Spectacular Lighting and Chiavari Chairs:

Incredible Photography:
Image via We Heart It/Photo by Mary Dougherty

I have certainly thought about my wedding and as a little girl I definitely dreamed of wearing the big white dress, so being a 21st century bride and having oodles of inspiration to drool over does wonders for the imagination of a bride. I was simultaneously obsessed and inspired...and was ready to dive head first into creating our own wedding.

Who else was instantly inspired by the images they found on wedding blogs? It's addicting right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment