We Live a Sweet Life Filled with Wild Adventures.



Monday, April 11, 2011

On Blogging...

For some reason, in my brain I'm convinced that a blog should be uniform, and have a topic, and a theme. Like Carrie Bradshaw. Ya ya she was a journalist or a writer or whatever, but if you think about it, she kind of just published one big blog about her personal life, and a magazine was just there to publish it. Throw in some thought provoking analogies and she had herself a blog. In fact, I bet if SATC was created in this era, it would be a blog. Her analogies are always my favorite part, and somehow I can always relate or come up with an answer to her question:

“When you're young, your whole life is about the pursuit of fun. Then, you grow up and learn to be cautious. You could break a bone or a heart. You look before you leap and sometimes you don't leap at all because there's not always someone there to catch you. And in life, there's no safety net. When did it stop being fun and start being scary?”



I tried that, a la Carrie Bradshaw, in my single days- and by 'that' I mean, I tried blogging with a purpose. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) my dating life in a small mountain town was not nearly as exciting as her NYC dating life.
That was in April 2009...fast forward 9 months and a few putz nice gentleman later...I met the man I would fall madly in love with. Enter blog numero dos. Talk about opposite...my first focused on dating and my second talked about my new found love. And, if you count the measley excuse of 'blogging' on the once popular MySpace...well that's one.two.three blogs before this Sweet and Wild thing I've got now. It will be filled with lots of Sweet. Sprinkled with a bunch of Wild. And probably every adjective in between the two. Here goes nothing everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment